Now in its 6th edition

It's a date...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011

1st trimester – Day 32

Collect homework: book title poster stapled to list of characters and character details

WARMUP: List grammatical errors from a paragraph of Scarlet Ibis (paragraph A only) – 26 errors total

Grade “Scarlet Ibis” packets

Answer the 7 questions in order to generate 7 topics for tonight’s homework:
·         Write down the questions and your response to each of the following:
1.      What surprised me recently?        
2.      What’s bugging me?
3.      What is changing?
4.      What did I expect to happen that didn’t?
5.      Why did something make me so mad?
6.      What do I keep remembering?
7.      What have I learned?

How-To (poem)….
What surprised me lately? I was surprised how overgrown our bushes were in front of our house when I went to trim them yesterday.
Ex. How To Be the Bushes in the Van Bragt Yard
TRICK: “You should…” (VERB)
Grow long, tentacle-like branches,
Scratch little children who hide beneath you,
Threaten the postman every day with your sharp edges,
Attract bees to become even more threatening,
Live, no matter how old and crummy you’ve become.

Homework:

Create HOW TO poem using any one of your topics from today’s journal – must be 5 statements long minimum. Must begin each statement with a verb (not “be”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You say goodbye, and I say hello