Now in its 6th edition

It's a date...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011

1st trimester – Day 35

WARMUP: Listed grammatical errors from a paragraph of Scarlet Ibis (paragraph D only) – errors total – reviewed in class

Introduction to pronouns and antecedents – practiced identifying both in 20 sentences on monitors

Wrote a sentence properly using “you and I” and another sentence properly using “you and me”

Learned “trick” to identify which pronoun to use in sentences using “I” and “me” – practiced identifying when to use “I” and “me” in 20 sentences

The “Jabberwocky” challenge: replace the underlined words with real words that function the same as the underlined nonsense words:

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves                                                                      did gyre and gimble in the wabe;all mimsy were th borogoves,                                                       and the mome raths outgrabe.”
Homework:

Study for Friday’s vocabulary test (Lesson 4: elude, fallow, blight…) by completing the backside of this week’s vocabulary handout

No comments:

Post a Comment

You say goodbye, and I say hello