Now in its 6th edition

It's a date...

Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday, February 10, 2012

ENGLISH - 1st trimester – Day 42

  1. Take vocabulary test (Lesson 5: jaded, gist, advocate…)
  2. Pronoun/Antecedent Agreement
    1. Practice the first 14 (of 20) on overhead “#25 Agreement”
                                                              i.      Review answers
  1. Wrote a sentence properly using “you and I” and another sentence properly using “you and me”
    1. Learned “trick” to identify which pronoun to use in sentences using “I” and “me” –
    2. Practiced identifying when to use “I” and “me” in 20 sentences – also discussed the problems with “between” sentences and plural verb sentences (were – was)
  2. Graded today’s vocabulary tests
  3. Read from Alfred Kropp as an example of “showing” – listing 6 TELL statements that could have been used instead in the story
ENGLISH homework:

None

************************************

PLAYWRITING – Day 42

With a partner and using Netbooks, we re-read the scripts we chose last Thursday and scripted either the scene before it or the scene after it.

PLAYWRITING homework:

None

No comments:

Post a Comment

You say goodbye, and I say hello