Now in its 6th edition

It's a date...

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ENGLISH – 3rd trimester – Day 35

Write out 5 key quotes from Act 3 (without an answer key: character names) and hand it to someone else at your table. Exchange papers several times. See if you can name the character of each quote.

REMINDER: Act 3 quotations test tomorrow (Wednesday)

When the tables are done exchanging papers, return each paper to the person who wrote it. Read your quotes over carefully. Choose one that relates directly to your own life.

Introduce “Circles of Reflection” (John Powers)

  • TO BE COLLECTED: On a separate paper, draw a series of 6 circles (one inside the other) and label them. The innermost circle is labeled “self.”
  •   
  • Using your chosen quote from above, list the 6 groups from the above diagram. Then,
    • Write down what this quote means to each group? and/or
    • Why should each group be concerned about the issue brought up in the quote? How could they be affected?
      • To me/myself? To my family? To my peers? To my community? To my country? To all humankind?
    • Fill in this blank with 3 responses:
      • How is (your chosen quote from above) like FRIENDSHIP?
        • 1,2,3
Hand out Act 3 take-home tests (not to the original owner) – then grade them in class (see answer key on my desk)

ENGLISH homework:

Be ready for tomorrow Act 3 test on character quotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You say goodbye, and I say hello