Now in its 6th edition

It's a date...

Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015

 
ENGLISH – HOURS 1, 3, 4 – Day 33
We practiced identifying the speaker of various quotations from Act 1 (in preparation for Wednesday’s test…
a)      WHO said it
b)      WHO they were speaking to.

1.      Draw if you be men, Gregory, remember thy swashing blow.
2.      I do but keep the peace.
3.      From those bloody hands, throw your mistempered weapons to the ground.
4.      My noble uncle, do you know the cause?
5.      In sadness cousin, I do love a woman.
6.      Go, sirrah, trudge about through fair Verona; find those persons out whose names are written there
7.      And if you be not of the house of Montagues, I pray come and crush a cup of wine.
8.      Compare her face to some that I shall show, and I will make thee think thy swan a crow.
9.      Nurse, give leave awhile.
10.  And then my husband (God be with his soul!)
11.  Her wagoner, a gray-coated gnat
12.  She that makes dainty, she I’ll swear hath corns.
13.  For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night
14.  To strike him dead I hold it not a sin.
15.  You are a saucy boy.
16.  Go ask his name
17.  Is she a Capulet?
18.  Younger than she are happy mothers made.
19.  Be ruled by me; forget to think of her.
20.  Give me a torch. I am not for this ambling tonight. Being but heavy, I will bear the light.
21.  O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright.
22.  Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs; being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers’ eyes.
clip_image002
Verbally review answers
:
ANSWER KEY: 1. Sampson to Gregory 2. Benvolio to Tybalt 3. Prince to everybody 4. Benvolio to Montague 5. Romeo to Benvolio 6. Lord Capulet to servant 7. Servant (no first name)  to Romeo and Benvolio 8. Benvolio to Romeo 9. Lady Capulet to Nurse 10. Nurse to Lady Capulet and Juliet 11. Mercution to Benvolio, Romeo, etc. 12. Lord Capulet to everybody 13. Romeo to himself 14. Tybalt to Capulet, servingman 15. Lord Capulet to Tybalt 16. Juliet to Nurse 17. Romeo to Nurse  18. Paris to Lord Capulet  19. Benvolio to Romeo  20. Romeo to Mercutio, Benvolio. etc.  21. Romeo to himself  22. Romeo to Benvolio
 
















 
CONTINUE working on ACT 1 PACKET.
ENGLISH homework: 
Study for Wednesday’s “Who Said It” test.
Act 1 packet due Wednesday.

 

*************************************************

PLAYWRITING – Day 33

Collect homework (or fill out a pink sheet): 1 paragraph of persuasion

READ: various scenarios (from homework) that persuades another person to buy an animal from the pound. (approx. a paragraph)

READ/PERFORM each other’s SIDESTEPPED scripts (that you wrote with a partner).

Begin ROUND 2:

  • WRITE ANOTHER NEW ONE: With a partner, create a GOOGLE DOC and with BOTH NAMES at the top, write 2 short scripts (1-sided).

PLAYWRITING homework:

none

No comments:

Post a Comment

You say goodbye, and I say hello